This 20 Minute Moist Blueberry Muffin Recipe is easy, delicious, and packed with blueberries! This recipe makes a perfect small-batch, approximately 8 muffins.
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) shortening
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 egg (47 grams)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) milk
- 1–1/2 cup (184 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2–1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Large granulated sugar for sprinkling on tops
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease about 8 cups in your muffin tin.
- First, cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth and no clumps remain. Then, add in the egg and milk and combine thoroughly, making sure to not overmix your batter.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix well with a rubber spatula to ensure you do not overmix your batter.
- Gently fold in the fresh or frozen blueberries until evenly dispersed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, about 2/3rds full. If desired, sprinkle some large granulated sugar on the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Insert toothpick into the center of a muffin to determine doneness. If any batter or crumbs come out on the toothpick add more time. If it comes out clean, remove from the oven.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 -10 minutes before eating.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: 20 Minute Moist Blueberry Muffin Recipe