This is the best banana bread recipe. It is so easy to make, and crazy delicious! It’s sure to become a family favorite!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1–1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4–6 each bananas (mashed)
- 2 each eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or soured milk (see below to make soured milk)
- nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bread pan.
- If using soured milk, add 2 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice to 1/2 cup milk and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Blend in mashed bananas and eggs.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt.
- Add in buttermilk or soured milk. Blend until well combined.
- Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American