This delicious chocolate souffle has a brandied caramel sauce topping added for an extra boost of flavor!
- 1/2 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar (divided)
- 4 ounces Bittersweet chocolate (60%) (cut into pieces)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 each egg whites (room temperature)
- Confectioners’ sugar (for garnish)
- Brandied caramel Sauce
- Make the brandied caramel sauce. You can find the recipe at: https://whiskingupyum.com/brandied-caramel-sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease all interior surfaces of four ramekins. Pour 2 tablespoons of sugar into ramekin and rotate ramekin to have the sugar coat all buttered surfaces inside ramekin.
- Chill prepped ramekins inside refrigerator until needed.
- Combine the cream and chocolate into a double broiler. On medium heat, Stir the chocolate and cream mixture until chocolate is completely melted. Stir mixture until melted and completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, crack eggs and separate egg whites out. Be sure that NO yolk remains in egg yolk. Add egg whites to your stand mixer.
- Using whisk attachment on the stand mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Soft peaks are easily identified by removing the whisk. You will see that the peaks are just starting to form, but will easily fall back on themselves after a second or two.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar to the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form. You can tell it is ready when you pull the whisk out, the egg white will hold its shape even if the whisk were to be placed upside-down.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites, working with about a third of the mixture at a time. Working around the bowl, gently lift the egg whites and push into the chocolate sauce. Be careful to not over mix, you do not need to completely blend the chocolate into the egg whites.
- Remove ramekins from the refrigerator. Divide souffle mixture between the four ramekins, about 3/4 full.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake until set in the center, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove souffle from oven, dust with confectioners sugar and Pour brandied caramel sauce over the souffle.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French