This sweet caramel sauce has an added punch with brandy. Feel free to remove the brandy if you want an alcohol-free treat. This goes well with chocolate, ice cream and more!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon brandy
- In a saucepan simmer sugar, water, corn syrup and salt together until sugar is dissolved.
- Using a candy thermometer, boil mixture without stirring until a golden caramel color. Remove pan from heat at 266 degrees.
- Add cream, vanilla and brandy. Mix until well combined, about one minute.
- Cool sauce to room temperature. It will thicken as it cools.
- Sauce will keep for up to three weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Category: Dessert