These carrot cake cupcakes are so delicious! They are perfectly spiced, moist, and balanced with smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting. I love that the weight of the cupcakes, not too light and no too dense- a perfect, happy medium!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup (94 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (107 grams) packed brown sugar
- 3 3ggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1–2/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 ounces finely grated fresh carrots
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3–4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line your muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and whisk together
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves, and whisk together.
- Then, add the dry ingredients into the wet in 2-3 additions. Mix until fully combined and smooth.
- Fold in the grated carrots
- Fill the liners about ¾ full and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until your toothpick comes out clean. Let the cupcakes sit for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool.
- Allow the cupcakes to fully cool before frosting.
- You can use a spatula or mixer to make the cream cheese frosting. I prefer to use the mixer because it comes together much faster.To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy, then, add in vanilla.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar in several additions and mixing well between each addition.
- If it is too thin, you can add additional confectioner’s sugar until you get the consistency that you like to work with.
- From here you can either scoop the icing onto the cupcakes and level out however you desire with a spoon or knife. Or, you can pipe your frosting on with piping tips and a bag.
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot cake cupcakes, carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting