This Cherry Pie Bar recipe is made using cherry pie filling sandwiched between a shortbread flavored cookie dough. It is so easy to throw together, and can be a great potluck dessert in the summer or for a holiday party in the winter.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups (386 grams) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups (382 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling (less 1 cup (53g))
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar. Slowly add in the eggs one at a time, mixing in between each addition. Add in the vanilla and almond extracts. Stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt and the flour. Slowly add the flour to the wet mixture, mixing well between each addition. Use the rubber spatula to clean down the sides and make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Spread three cups (approximately 750 grams of dough into the bottom of the greased pan to form an even layer. Then, spread the pie filling onto the top of the dough, ensuring that the cherries are dispursed evenly on top of the dough in a single layer. I refrained from using about 1 cup of the cherry filling from the two cans.
- Finally, using two spoons, drop small 1 teaspoon sized drops of the dough onto the top of the cherry filling. I like to spread out how I drop the mixture and then fill in holes as I go to make sure everything is covered evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown.
Allow to cool before serving.
- Category: Pie
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cherry Pie Bars