What is better than milk with your chocolate chip cookies?… Milk IN your cookies, of course!!! These chocolate chip cookie shots are your classic chocolate chip cookies formed into a shot glass sized cup, and a chocolate layer coating the inside of the cup. Basically, it’s everything you expect in a chocolate chip cookie but better!
These chocolate chip cookie shots are great treats to make any time of the year. It is also a great bake to make with your kids. It is fun and has quick results. I also anticipate making these to leave out for Santa’s milk glass!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 package mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate (for melting; chips or finely chopped chocolate)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and spray your popover pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the salt, eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Then, add flour and combine well. Add the mini chocolate chips and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- The dough will be really crumbly but will stay formed when pressed together. Pull out about a tablespoon of dough at a time. Between your palms, flatten the dough into thin flat disks.
- Place the first section into the bottom of the pan’s cup and pressing the dough piece into place. Continue to do the same with more dough pieces, working your way up the sides of the cup.Use your fingers to seal any cracks or holes. This dough does not rise so if there are holes before you bake they may not self-correct itself while baking. Clean up the dough at the top of the cup using a knife to trim it and smooth any rough edges with your fingers.
- Continue with each cup until you have used up the dough. Place on center rack and bake for 12-14 minutes. The rim will look golden brown. At the bottom of the cup the dough will look wet and not quite done, but it will set as it cools.
- One the cookies have cooled gently place a cookie pan or cutting board on top of the popover pan and flip the popover pan upsidedown. The chocolate chip cookie shot glasses should slide right out onto the baking sheet. If any of the shot glasses are stuck in the pan, gently tap the bottom of the popover pan to release the stuck chocolate chip cookie shot glasses.
- Finally, melt the final 1 cup of chocolate. You can melt it in a small bowl in the microwave. Microwave it for 45 seconds and stir. Microwave for 15-second increments and stirring between each increment until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Once the chocolate is melted you can either use a spoon to scoop and smooth the chocolate into the shot glass. You can also pour the chocolate in and rotate the shot glass until the inside is thoroughly covered. Let chocolate firm up before serving.
Fill up shot glasses with milk to serve. I did not test how long the milk can remain in the shot glass before damaging the integrity of the shot glass so you may want to do a test run if you plan on doing these for any special events where you may prep the glasses with milk ahead of time.