Reindeer Rice Krispies Treats are a really easy kid-friendly activity. You’ll want to melt the chocolate for the kids, and then let it cool down a bit before letting them work. They will have so much fun, and I am sure they will give the reindeer so much personality!
- 12 rice cereal bars (I bought prepackaged ones for this to make it quick and easy, but you can also make your own rice krispie trieats.)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chocolate almond bark
- 24 medium sized candy eyeballs
- 12 red m&m candies, or other red candy
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Place chocolate chips in a piping bag or plastic ziplock bag. Melt the chocolate for (2) 30 second increments, carefully kneading the bag in between. Continue kneading until melted.
- Cut a small hole into the tip of the piping bag (or corner of the bag) and pipe on the antlers. You can practice on parchment paper if you want to beforehand.
- Place two chocolate dots where you want the eyes to go, and place the candy eyeballs on top. Do the same for the nose and put the m&m on it. Work quickly so that the chocolate doesn’t set before you put the candies on it.
- Allow the chocolate to set. This can take up to 30 minutes to an hour depending on how humid your home is.
These can keep for a couple weeks in an airtight container, with parchment paper between each layer.
You can easily make these into popsicles by carefully inserting popsicle sticks into the bottom of the bars.
- Category: bars
- Method: no bake
Keywords: Christmas Rice Krispies treats, Reindeer Rice Krispy Treats, christmas bars