These Decadent Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are quick, easy, and ridiculously delicious! Top with confectioners’ sugar, berries and ice cream!
- 6 ounces (170 grams) high-quality semi-sweet chocolate (not chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup (115 grams) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (31 grams) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Cocoa powder, for dusting ramekins
- Preheat your oven to 425 and prepare your ramekins by spraying non-stick cooking spray on the bottom and sides of the dish. Then, dust with cocoa powder. Make sure all surfaces are thoroughly covered to prevent the cakes from sticking to the ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- Chop up the baking chocolate into small pieces. Place the butter and baking chocolate in a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 10-second increments, making sure to stir in between until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks, and add to the chocolate. Slowly add the dry ingredients, using a spatula or wooden spoon to gently mix together until just incorporated. Break down any clumps with a whisk.
- Divide the batter equally between the ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes. The edges will appear solid and firm, and the tops will still look soft.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- The cake should easily release from the dish, but the tricky part is getting the ramekin up and out of the way without burning yourself. Using a potholder, place a plate upside-down on top of the ramekin and flip everything over to invert the cake.
To serve, dust with confectioners’ sugar and add berries. You can also serve with ice cream.
- Category: Cake
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes