Are you looking for a fresh and light dessert for this spring and summer? These Easy Blueberry Crumble Bars are quick and easy to make. They are loaded with blueberries between a chewy crumb mixture. These are a perfect spring and summer dessert!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 4 cups (20 ounces) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut the cubed butter into the mixture. You will want the crumbs to be pea-size or smaller, but do not remove all of the clumps or you will lose texture on top of your bars. Stir in the egg. The mixture will be very crumbly.
- Spread and press half of the mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently fold the blueberries into the sugar mixture until the blueberries are evenly covered. Spread into an even layer on top of the base layer. Pour any remaining liquid over the berries.
- Spread the remaining crumble mixture on top of the blueberries in an even layer.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is light golden brown. Cool the bars completely to room temperature before cutting.
Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Category: Bars
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Blueberry Crumble Bars