This Easy Mixed Berry Crisp is ridiculously easy to make. It has the perfect balance of sweet and tart, and a crunchy oatmeal crumble on top. This dessert can be made throughout the year with fresh or frozen berries.
- 1–1/2 cup (175 grams) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup (225 grams) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1–1/4 cup quick oats
- 6 cups fruit- Can use any type of berries
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
Preparing the Topping
- Prheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and spray a 9″ round pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, kosher salt and diced butter. Using a pastry cutter or fork, and work on cutting the butter into the topping mixture until the crumbs are no larger than pea size. Be careful not to break down too much as the clumps will help to add texture to the top of the crisp.
- Finally, add the oatmeal, and stir together. Set the topping mixture aside.
Preparing the Filling
- Cut down the strawberries into bit sized chunks. Halve the smaller strawberries, and cut down larger ones into quarters (or more if needed.)
- Place berries into a large bowl, and add sugar, juice vanilla and flour. Use a large spoon or rubber spatula to stir it all together. Continue to move the fruit from the bottom of the bowl to the top until everything seems to be evenly coated.
- Pour the berries into the bottom of the prepared pie pan. Then, spread the topping mixture over the berries in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown and the juices from the berries are bubbling.
If you are using frozen berries, measure out your six cups, and then allow them to thaw and drain out any excess liquid before moving on to the next step. This is an important step, otherwise, you will have a juicy, wet puddle at the bottom of your pan.
Best served warm with ice cream!
Store covered in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
- Category: Pie
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Mixed Berry Crisp