This easy no-bake cherry delight recipe features a perfect combination of cherry pie filling, cream cheese, and cool whip. It’s sweet, but not overpowering.
This dessert is perfect for beginners and is very quick to make. You can throw it together in about 10 minutes, but you will need to refrigerate it for about 24 hours. If you are really impatient, or didn’t give yourself enough time and can’t wait that long, you will want to wait at least 6 hours so that the cherry delight has a chance to firm up.
I find that this easy no-bake cherry delight dessert is light enough for a summer treat, and classy enough for a holiday party dessert too!
- 18 graham crackers, roughly 2-1/2 cups, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cool whip
- 1 (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
1.Line 9×13 pan with tinfoil, and set aside. If this is a party dessert you may want to skip this step and have guests serve themselves directly from the pan.
2. Crush your graham crackers by placing your crackers into a disposable bag and using a rolling pin to crush all the crackers into a coarse sand-like mixture. Pour the crackers into a large bowl.
3.Melt butter. Add butter and measured sugar to graham crackers and mix well.
4. Pour the crumb mixture into the 9×13 dish, pressing into the bottom of the dish to make an even base. This is the crust to the no-bake cherry-delight recipe. Set the 9×13 dish aside.
Cream Cheese Mixture
5. In a clean, large bowl mix the cream cheese with a hand mixer or stand mixer until it is smooth and no clumps remain. Measure the confectioner’s sugar and add to the cream cheese. Mix together until incorporated and creamy.
6. Gently fold in the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. You want the whipped topping to be incorporated, but not overworked.
7. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly onto the top of the crust, and cover dish before placing the cherry delight dessert into the fridge to set. Let cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours, however 24 hours will be best to give it time to set well.
8. Using the tinfoil pull the dessert out of the pan to cut. It is easier to cut and serve while it is cool. After plating the dessert scoop some of the cherry pie filling onto the top.
If this is a party dessert and guests will be serving themselves you can put the cherry mixture directly onto the top for the guests to serve themselves.
- Category: Bars, Dessert
Keywords: Easy no-bake cherry delight