This fluffy homemade whipped cream can be used with so many desserts and breakfast treats! You can substitute this homemade whipped cream for any store-bought whipped topping at a 1:1 ratio.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Chill your mixing bowl in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add cold heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla to the mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed.
- Continue to mix until soft peaks form. This should take about 3-4 minutes. When you remove the beater, the whipped cream will have formed soft, billowy mounds, and can be easily shaped into soft peaks. The peaks may droop but should mostly keep its shape.
- Be sure not to over-mix the mixture by beating for too long. You will know if you over-mixed the cream if it looks curdled and looks grainy.
You can make up to 24 hours ahead of time, and store refrigerated in an airtight container. You may need to whisk it again if it doesn’t maintain it’s fluffiness.