These bars are the result of lemon bars and rhubarb bars colliding. There is so much flavor in these Lemon Rhubarb Bars! If you like rich, tart bars, you will want to make these. Seriously, run to the kitchen now! They are so crazy good!
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) flour
- 1/3 cup (75 grams) butter, softened
- 1/4 (50 grams) cup sugar
- 1/4 (1 gram) teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups (270 grams) rhubarb, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1–1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cups (190 grams) sugar
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep your pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- First, you will make the crust. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, butter, sugar and salt. Use your hands to knead it all together until you have a smooth mixture.
- Press the crust mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While your crust is baking, you can start on the filling. In a medium bowl, add the lemon juice, HALF of the diced rhubarb, and eggs and use an immersion blender to break down some of the rhubarb a bit.
- Then, add in the remaining rhubarb, lemon zest, sugar and flour and combine well. You will have a very wet batter consistency.
- Spread the mixture on top of the crust in an even layer, and bake for another 35 minutes. Allow bars to cool for at least two hours before transferring to the refrigerator. These Lemon Rhubarb Bars taste best when chilled.
If you want to use frozen rhubarb, allow it to thaw before using.