Christmas treats come in all shapes in sizes. Some look good, are quick, taste great, but few do all of them. These treats combine the best of all worlds. These treats take the saltiness of pretzels, the gooey goodness of caramel and the sweetness of almond bark. Probably the best part though is they’re kid safe. These treats let their crazy side come out and design their own melted snowman. But, please supervise your children as the almond bark is hot, and let the almond bark cool a bit before letting your kids do their work.
- White Almond Bark (176 grams)
- 5 Rolo candies or Reese’s Miniature Peanut Butter Cups, halved
- 18 candy eyes
- 9 orange jimmies
- 27 red hot candy
- 9 pretzel sticks, halved
- Prep all of the ingredients. This will include unwrapping your rolos or reese’s peanut butter cups, breaking the pretzel sticks and digging through your sprinkles to pull out the orange jimmies. You will also want to lay out the parchment paper or silicone baking mat at this time.
- Melt your almond bark as indicated on the package. I microwaved three sections from my package for 90 seconds. Stir with a small spoon, and if there are some unmelted parts microwave for 15-second increments, stirring between each time. When it is completely smooth and creamy it is ready to use.
- Using your small spoon, scoop out a heaping spoonful and spread into small “puddles.” You don’t want to have these be too thin- just under 1/4″ thick works well. You will also want to keep things abnormally shaped. I found the more visually pleasing melted snowman almond bark pieces were shaped irregular. You may need to use your spoon to smooth the top of the almond bark buddle a bit if it is a little clumpy where you dropped the melted almond bark on the parchment paper.
- Then, you will layout the candy pieces. I also find that cutest snowmen have the most randomly placed candies! You will place one half of the rolo or reese’s pieces candy to make the hat. Then, and the two halves of pretzels create the arms. Add on two candy eyes, and the jimmy sprinkle carrot nose. The three pieces of cinnamon candies are the buttons.
- Let sit to allow the almond bark to harden. It took about half an hour for my snowmen to harden. You can also place it in the refrigerator for about ten minutes to quicken the process.
If you plan on making a lot of snowmen, I recommend you doing several almond bark sections from the package at a time rather than melting the whole package at one time. This will give you time to work without worrying about your almond bark firming up before you are finished.
- Category: dessert
Keywords: Melted snowman almond bark