This mixed berry sauce is perfect for desserts and even breakfast treats like pancakes! Easy to make, and yummy!Print
This berry sauce is perfect for desserts and even breakfast treats like pancakes!
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds berries (any kind – mix and match as you wish!)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, mix together 2/3 the berries (reserve the remaining for garnishing your dessert), lemon juice, and sugar until well coated.
- Allow to simmer on medium-high heat until the berries start to break down and are soft, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender. Pulse several times to further break down the berries.
- Push berry mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, and discard anything that remains in the strainer.
- Store berry sauce in a covered container in the fridge.
- Sauce can be frozen for up to 3 months in an air-tight container.