Be careful! These Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are addictive! It features a peanut butter chocolate cookie wrapped around sweet gooey peanut butter and rolled in granulated sugar for texture. So good!!! You won’t be able to stop at just one!
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup, granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1–1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1–2 teaspoons milk, as needed
Preparing the Dough
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. I tried both liners and there was no difference in the bake so use whichever you prefer.
- In a medium bowl cream together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy. Place the bowl in the fridge to chill while you move on to the next steps. Chilling the peanut butter mixture will make assembling the cookies much easier.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix until just combined.
- Incorporate the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda into the cookie mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. It should be a thick fudgy texture.
- If the dough is crumbly, add 1-2 teaspoons of milk. Start with one and add more if needed.
Forming the Cookie
- Split the dough into 20 pieces. To create 20 consistent sized cookies, you will want to form the cookie dough into a tube shape. Use a sharp knife and cut it in half, and then cut each half into two. Then, rip each section into five balls, trying to make them all the same size. I rolled them into balls so I could check the size, but you don’t need to roll them into balls.
- Then, do the exact same thing with the chilled peanut butter mixture, but roll these into balls.
- Using the palm of your hand, flatten one of the cookie dough balls in your hand and place a peanut butter ball in the center. Wrap the cookie dough around the peanut butter ball. Roll the dough ball between your hands to form a large round ball. If any peanut butter is seeping through, move some of the dough to cover the cracks.
- Roll the cookie ball in a small bowl filled with about 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Place the cookie ball on the baking sheet about 3″ apart. Gently press the cookies down to flatten a bit, until they are about 1-1/2″ thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are set and cracked around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan until firm before transferring.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies