This Pear and Honey Tart features creamy goat cheese accented by the sweetness of pears and topped with sliced almonds and drizzled honey. My favorite part of this recipe is that it is really easy to make, and hearing the crackle of the puff pastry shell when I sliced it made me swoon!
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 large pears, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line your baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Open up the thawed pastry sheet and overlap them about 1/2 inch and run the rolling pin over the whole pastry sheet, paying particular attention to the center to try to adhere the two sheets together. Roll out the combined sheet to a 10 x 14 rectangle.
- Fold the edges of the rectangle 1n about 1 inch around all sides. Use a fork to crimp the edges down to secure it to the crust. If the pastry crust is too soft, you may want to toss it into the refrigerator to firm up a bit.
- Prepare the egg wash by whisking together the egg and milk. Use a pastry brush to lightly spread the wash on the crust, including the top.
- Spread the goat cheese onto the top of the crust in an even layer.
- Remove the seeds of the pears and slice the pears lengthwise, very thinly. Place the pear slices in a medium bowl, and add the coarse sugar. Toss the pears until the sugar is evenly dispersed on all of the pear slices.
- Layer the pear slices, slightly overlapping each other, in two rows down the pastry shell. Sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top, and sprinkle sea salt over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven, and let cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Before serving, drizzle with honey and slice.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Honey Pear Tart