This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp has the perfect combination of sweet and tart, and has a nice cinnamon note to it. I love eating it fresh out of the oven with ice cream!
- 3/4 cup (140 grams) sugar
- 3 tablespoons (25 grams) cornstarch
- 3 cups (400 grams) chopped fresh rhubarb or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 2 cups (315 grams) chopped strawberries
- 1 cup (80 grams) old-fashioned oats or quick oats
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and sugar. Then, add in the chopped rhubarb and strawberries, and stir until well coated with the cornstarch/sugar mixture.
- Spread mixture into a cast-iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, melted butter, all-purpose flour, and ground cinnamon. Mix well to remove overly large chunks of butter, but don’t remove all of the clumps.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the strawberry rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees until it is bubbly and the fruit is soft, about 45 minutes.
Best served with ice cream!!
- Category: Crisp
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp