Chock full of caramel, chocolate and coconut. This recipe is sure to leave you wanting to eat. all. the . cookies!
- 1/2 cup (113 gm) unsalted room temperature butter
- 1/4 cup (50 gm) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (150 gm) of all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) whole milk
- 1/8 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/8 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1.5 cup (375 ml) thick caramel sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (142 gm) unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 cup melted, semi sweet chocolate, almond bark, or candy melts.
- Start off by creaming the butter and sugar in a mixer until light and fluffy for about 4 mins.
- Then, add the flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix all the ingredients on medium speed until the dough comes together.
- Cover and chill for 30-45 mins, and don’t forget to preheat the oven to 350F.
- While the dough is chilling, go ahead and place the coconut on a parchment-lined baking sheet and toast the coconut for 5 minutes.
- Stir on the tray and then continue toasting for 5 more minutes and then allow to cool.
- After the chill time for the dough has ended, remove it from the refrigerator and roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Cut out the cookies using the donut cutter.
- Place cookies on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for 10-12 mins until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool for 10-12 minutes on the baking sheet, then flip them over so that the bottoms cool and the tops will finish cooling as flat as possible.
- Add caramel sauce to the toasted coconut, stir well and set aside.
- Melt chocolate almond bark (candy coating or chocolate chips) in the microwave for 30-second increments and stir after each. Keep in mind, if you’re using candy melts or chips, add coconut oil to thin out the chocolate.
- Dip the bottom of the cookies in chocolate and allow to set for about 15 minutes at room temperature (or pop in the fridge for 5-10 mins for a faster result).
- Flip the cookies over and use the back of a spoon to add caramel first so the coconut topping has something to stick to.
- Chill for 20 minutes and then drizzle melted chocolate over the top using a piping bag or spoon. Let the chocolate harden and enjoy!
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
Keywords: Homemade Samoa Cookies, copycat girl scout samoas, caramel delight cookies, caramel delite cookies