This Snickerdoodle Cream Cheese Apple Pie recipe takes apple pie to a whole new level! You have the classic cinnamon-apple flavor and texture, but adding a cream cheese filling layer gives this pie a smooth and creamy note. The snickerdoodle crust pushes this pie even farther with the crunchy cookie crust and cinnamon and sugar crumble on top.
Crust and topping:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened + 1 tablespoon, melted (divided)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2–3/4 cup flour
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1, 21 ounce can apple pie filling, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a round 9″ glass pie pan.
2. Prepare the snickerdoodle cookie crust: In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and softened butter with a hand mixer on medium speed. Add cream of tartar, kosher salt, cinnamon, and flour, mixing until well combined.
3. Measure out two cups of the snickerdoodle cookie mixture. Spread out and press down the mixture to compress it into the bottom of the pie pan, and up the sides, making sure to keep the crust level. Bake for 10 minutes, set aside.
4. Melt the butter and add to the remaining cookie mixture. Mix to ensure the melted butter is incorporated into the mixture into a sand-like or small pebble-like consistency. Set aside.
5. Assemble the cream cheese filling: Beat the softened cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and flour, combine well. Finally, add the egg and vanilla and mix until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy. Pour on top of the baked crust. Set aside.
6. Prepare the apple filling: Take the chopped apple pie filling and add the cinnamon. Mix until combined. Scoop small dollops of the apple pie filling onto the top of the cream cheese layer. Try to spread the apple pie filling evenly throughout the top layer, and covering thoroughly.
7. Pour the crumble mixture on top of the apple filling layer, spreading to ensure everything is well covered. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Once cooled, refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours before serving.
This Snickerdoodle Cream Cheese Apple Pie tastes great served cold, but it tastes exceptional warmed with ice cream!
This pie keeps well for up to a week when covered in the refrigerator.