These are a perfect summer treat. Instead of whipping up lemonade, you can quickly bake strawberry lemonade bars! These Strawberry Lemon Blondies are a lovely balance of strawberry and Lemon, and it’s not too tart or too sweet. The bursts of strawberries are so pretty and are fun to eat!
- 1 cup (228 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (140 grams) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2–1/4 cups (306 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (127 grams) diced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (112 grams) confectioner’s sugar
- 2–3 large strawberries to make 1 tablespoon strawberry puree
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice as needed
Strawberry Lemon Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×9 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. FYI, I lined my pan with parchment paper, allowing the opposite edges to overhang the top of the pan so that I could easily lift the bars out of the pan after it cools down. But, the bars did crack a little doing this, so you may not want to use parchment paper to lift it out of the pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, and combine in the egg until fully incorporated. Whisk in the lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and spread mixture into an even layer at the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until center is set and slightly browned around edges of the pan. Allow to cool on rack.
- Use a food processor or blender to puree the strawberries. Strain the puree through a small strainer until you get 1 tablespoon of puree.
- Combine the puree with the confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice until smooth. If you prefer the glaze to be thicker add more confectioner’s sugar, if you want it thinner add additional lemon juice.
- Spread the glaze on top of the bars and allow it to set before cutting into the bars.
Allow bars to completely cool before adding the glaze.
- Category: Bars
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry Lemon Bars