Here’s a quick and easy strawberry yogurt muffin recipe that you can make in a pinch. It’s bursting with fresh strawberries (bonus points: you can easily use frozen berries in the off-season!) And, greek yogurt makes these strawberry muffins super moist.
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1–1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat your oven to 375°F, and grease your muffin tin or line with wrappers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts until incorporated.
- Then, add in the greek yogurt and milk, and continue to mix thoroughly. Combine the dry ingredients and combine. There will still be some small clumps, but most will have broken down.
- Reserving some berries for the tops of the muffins, fold the remaining chopped berries in. Fill the muffin cups to the top, and sprinkle the reserved berries on top of the muffins.
- Bake for about 17-20 minutes. The tops will start to turn golden brown, and an inserted toothpick should come out clean.
- Allow the strawberry muffins to cool for a few minutes before serving. Best served warm, with butter.
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Bake
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 18.7g
- Sodium: 181mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 35.3g
- Fiber: .8g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
Keywords: Strawberry muffins, breakfast treats