These Thick and Chewy Monster cookies are loaded with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&Ms. I love that these cookies are made with old fashioned oats to add texture in every bite!
- 1/2 cup (115 grams)unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (108 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (185 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–1/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 cups (75 grams) old fashioned, whole oats or rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) M&Ms
- 1/2 cup (90 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- First, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Then, combine in the creamy peanut butter. Then, stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Measure out the baking soda, salt, all-purpose flour, and old fashioned oats. Slowly add into the wet mixture, until combined. Be sure not to overmix.
- Use a spatula, and add in M&Ms and chocolate chips. Feel free to reserve some M&Ms for later to press into the tops of the cookie dough balls before baking. Combine well to make sure the M&Ms and chocolate chips are well dispersed throughout the batter.
- Measure out about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball, and place onto the prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Place the most colorful side (from the M&Ms and chocolate chips) of the cookie ball facing up.
- These cookies do not spread much, so you will want to lightly press down on the cookie. They were about 1 inch thick when I pressed mine. Add any reserved M&Ms to the tops of the cookies to add more color if needed.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Cookies will still look soft. Do not wait for the browning of the cookie base as this will overbake these cookies, and cause them to be crispy.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. This will allow the cookies to firm up as they are really soft just out of the oven.
These cookies will store for up to a week covered at room temperature, or up to three months frozen.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thick and chewy monster cookies