Have you ever wanted caramel apples, but didn’t want the mess? Well, these caramel apple slices are the perfect solution to that sticky mess. Even better? These are turtle apple slices… So, they are loaded with chocolate, caramel, and pecans with the sweet refreshing flavor of the apple. Sooo goood! You’ve got to try it!
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 cup almond bark or choolate chips
- 10 ounces soft caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/8 cup sea salt flakes
- Popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Slice granny smith apples into about 1/2 inch wide slices. You should be able to get between 3-5 slices depending on how large your apple is.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a slit into the apple base and slide the popsicle stick into it.
- Use a paper towel to pat down each side of the apple slices to remove moisture.
- Remove any exposed seeds and lay down apples onto the baking sheet.
- Melt the almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second increments, stirring between, until melted.
- Spread the chocolate on top of the apple. Allow the chocolate to set.
- In a separate small microwave-safe bowl, add the soft caramels and heavy cream. Microwave for 30-second increments, stirring between each interval until the caramel is melted. Continue to stir well until incorporated.
- Spoon and spread the caramel on top of the chocolate, avoiding getting too close to the edge of the apple. While the caramel is still hot, sprinkle the pecans and sea salt flakes on top.
- Brush exposed edges of the apple with lemon juice to reduce browning. Refrigerate the apples until ready to serve.
- Caramel apples are best made just prior to serving, but can be refrigerated if needed to be made in advance. Caramel may weep if left at room temperature for a long time.
- Be sure to remove the excess moisture or the chocolate will not stick on the apples.
- If you want to avoid browning, brush a small amount of lemon juice on the exposed apple surface after the apple is assembled.
- Category: Candy
- Method: No Bake
Keywords: Caramel apple slices, turtle apple slices