Here’s a soft and fluffy Authentic Belgian Waffle recipe that will soon become your favorite breakfast.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup imported pearl sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of warm milk (around 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp active yeast
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Whipped cream
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Chocolate sauce
- Warm up the milk until lukewarm (around 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Add the granulated sugar and yeast, and let sit for about 5 minutes until it starts to get foamy and doubles in size.
- In your mixer add the flour, salt, softened butter, and mix for a few minutes.
- Add the yeast mixture, eggs, and vanilla extract to the mixer and let it mix for about 3-5 minutes until the dough doesn’t stick to the side of the bowl anymore.
- Add your pearl sugar and fold it into the dough.
- Cover the mixer bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 1 hour.
- Remove the dough from the mixer bowl and divide it into 12 even balls. Put them on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, so it doesn’t stick, and let them rise for another 40 minutes.
- Warm your waffle maker to medium heat and spray with non-stick butter spray.
- Add the dough balls one by one (or two by two, depending on the size of your waffle maker). Leave each dough ball in for about 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with confectioners’ sugar, strawberry sauce, mixed berry compote, or chocolate syrup, and top with whipped cream.
You can buy pearlized sugar here: amzn.to/3zhL4nx (affiliate link)
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Griddle