These chewy, fudgy, chocolate chip brownie cookies are everything you would hope for when looking for a chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe! These cookies are baked large in size and pairs well with mint ice cream!
- 1 cup+ 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2–1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1–1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 cup chocolate chips with the butter. Microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring between each until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using the spatula, move the melted chocolate to a large bowl. Add vanilla, sugar, brown sugar, and milk. Mix well. Add eggs one at a time and combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just combined, making sure not to overmix.
- Gently fold together the remaining chocolate chips into the batter, reserving some chocolate chips to place on top of the cookies after they are removed from the oven.
- Scoop six 1/4 cupfuls of cookie dough onto the baking sheet. Allow room for the dough to spread.
- Baking each pan separately, place the pan in the oven and reduce temperature to 300 degrees. Bake for 16-19 minutes, or until the edges are set and tops are dark and shiny.
- After removing cookies from the oven, press remaining chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies. Allow cookies to cool completely before removing from pan.
Slightly adapted from Baker by Nature.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 12 cookies
Keywords: Chocolate chip brownie cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip fudge cookies