These are the perfect Crinkle Top Fudge Brownies that you dream about when the chocolate cravings strike! Soft, fudgy, and super chocolatey; these brownies are so quick and easy that you won’t think twice about making them!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1–1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (optional)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep your 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and spray pan and parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips for 30-second increments in the microwave, making sure to stir in between, until completely melted and smooth.
- While the chocolate is melting, you can add sugar, vanilla, and the coffee granules to a large bowl. Add the melted chocolate, and combine.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, just like you did with the chocolate. Then, combine the melted butter with the mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs for a full minute. Stir the eggs into the mixture.
- Finally, add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Fold together until just combined and there is no remaining flour in the batter.
- Gently fold in the last 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, and spread into an even layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the brownies are just set.
If you bake in a 9×9 dish, bake for 30-30 minutes.
When adding the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, gently fold them into the mixture until just combined. Avoid over mixing the batter or your brownies will become dense and hard while baking.
For the softest brownies, make sure to watch the brownies while baking. You want to remove them from the oven after the top is just set.
- Category: Bars
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crinkle top fudge brownies