Seriously, how cute are these Easter Rice Krispie Treats?! I used a daisy cut out to make these, but you could easily change up the shape by using any cutter that you may already have to change up for another season. I love how the colored frosting really amps up the cuteness of these decorated Rice Krispie treats.
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2–3 Gel Colors
- 8–10 candy coating pieces per color (this is my favorite brand to use!)
- Line an 8×8 or 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- Divide the marshmallows into separate microwave-safe bowls, using as many bowls as needed for your color choices.
- Add one tablespoon of unsalted butter to each bowl of marshmallows. Microwave the bowls separately on HIGH for 45 seconds.
- Give the marshmallows a stir and return to the microwave for an additional 15-20 seconds.
- Stir the marshmallows again, and add your gel food coloring. You can start with one drop, and then add more if you want a stronger color. Continue to mix until the food coloring is thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide the rice cereal evenly between all the bowls and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into the dish, along with the other colors. Use another sheet of parchment paper and press the cereal treats into an even layer.
- Place the pan in the fridge and allow the Rice Krispie treats to set for at least ten minutes.
- Carefully pull the mixture out of the pan by lifting the parchment paper out of the container.
- Lightly spray your cookie cutter with non-stick spray. I used a daisy, but you can easily switch it out for a different shape to fit the season or event you are making it for.
- Press the cutter directly into the rice cereal treats.
- Press a paper straw into the base of the flower. If you have problems getting the straw to stay, you can dip the stick into melted chocolate and slide it into the treat.
- Place colored candy melts in separate piping bags and microwave on High for 30 seconds. Flip the bag over and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Press the bags to check that the chocolate is fully melted. If it isn’t, you can knead the bag a bit to melt it further. Once, the chocolate is fully melted, cut a small hole into the bottom of the piping bags.
- Decorate the daisy Rice Krispie Treats pops and immediately add the sprinkles on top of the chocolate areas.
If packing: Allow to fully set 30-45 mins before packaging. These bags work great!
- Category: Treats
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easter Rice Krispie Treats, Daisy Rice Kripie Treats