These Springtime Lemon Crinkle Cookies are so tasty and cute! They are soft and chewy and have the perfect amount of lemon flavor. This is a perfect recipe to bake with kids as it is easy, colorful and a lot of fun to make!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 4–1/2 cups (550 grams) flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- Pink, yellow, purple and blue food coloring
- 1/2–1 cup powdered sugar (to roll dough in)
- Cream together the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, stirring well between each egg addition.
- Add in lemon juice and zest and combine well.
- Combine baking powder and Flour and incorporate thoroughly.
- Split the cookie batter between four bowls. I used a scale to make sure that I was splitting it equally, but you can just eyeball it if you prefer.
- Color each bowl pink, blue, yellow and purple.
- Refrigerate covered dough for a minimum of 2 hours to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour some powdered sugar into a small bowl. Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball using your hands. Roll dough ball into the powdered sugar so that all sides are covered.
- Place onto lined baking sheets about 3″ apart, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Lemon Crinkle Cookies