These Easy No-Bake Oreo truffles have a rich chocolate center surrounded by a crunchy almond bark and chocolate coating. They are a great for a Christmas treat, dessert table or a cookie exchange. They are really quick to assemble, only uses five ingredients, and doesn’t require any baking time.
- 1 (14 oz ) package Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Almond bark – about 6 sections (354 grams)
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Crush the Oreos into fine crumbs using a ziplock bag and rolling pin until the cookies are crushed finely. Pull out about two spoons of the crumbs and place into a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour the remaining crumbs into a medium bowl, add cream cheese and vanilla and use a spoon or your hands to combine well.
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, pull out slightly mounded scoops of the mixture, and use your hands to roll into consistant sized balls, and place onto the pan. After all of the mixture is rolled into balls, place the pan in the fridge for about thirty minutes to firm up.
- When it is time to remove the Easy No-Bake Oreo Truffle Balls from the fridge, you will start to melt the almond bark and the semisweet chocolate, working in small batches. I split the almond bark into two bowls and was able to do about twelve oreo truffles in each batch. Take the first bowl and microwave in thirty-second increments, making sure to stir in between until the almond bark is smooth and creamy.
- If you are only drizzling the semi-sweet chocolate on HALF of the balls, then you will want to wait to melt the semi-sweet chocolate after the second batch of almond bark is melted. If you are going to drizzle ALL of your balls with the semi-sweet chocolate, you will want to melt the semi-sweet chocolate now. Split into two bowls so that it doesn’t harden faster than you can work. Melt it using the same process as the almond bark: thirty-second increments in the microwave, stirring in between until smooth and creamy.
- Take each ball individually and gently drop it into the almond bark. Use a spoon to flip the ball around and thoroughly cover each side. Use the spoon to scoop out the ball and place onto the tray, paying attention to the dripping of the almond bark as you want to keep the tops of the almond bark looking clean. If you are drizzling the semi-sweet chocolate on the almond bark go on to the next step, otherwise sprinkle on a small amount of the reserved oreo crumbs, using your fingers.
- To apply the chocolate drizzle on the top, you will use a spoon and as the chocolate drips off the spoon quickly run the spoon above the balls in a back and forth motion. Apply the oreo crumb sprinkles to the top of the balls as you work.
- Finally, you will want to refrigerate the balls again to firmly harden for another 30 minutes. Once removed, you can use a sharp knife to carefully trim up the feet and excess drippings. It is easy to crack the shell, so use very little pressure and trim in little layers.
These Easy No-Bake Oreo Truffle balls need to be covered and refrigerated due to the cream cheese content. They can be refrigerated for up to three to four days, or frozen for a few weeks. To thaw, just bring to room temperature about ten minutes before serving.
Easy No-Bake Truffles are my husband’s favorite treats so they don’t last that long in our house so I don’t know how fresh they will remain after a few weeks!
- Category: desserts
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy-No Bake Truffles