After baking sweets every day of December, I am ready for something not so sugary. This Healthy Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is naturally sweetened with honey and blueberries. This is a very filling breakfast and is quick and easy to make!
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1–3/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×9 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Once the oven reaches 375 degrees you will toast the almonds. Line the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the rolled oats, ground cinnamon, baking powder salt, and toasted almonds. Stir together until incorporated. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Add the milk, honey, eggs, and melted butter together and mix well until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Finally, you will assemble the dish. First, scatter about 3/4 of the blueberries into the bottom of the pan, and spread out the dry mixture over the blueberries. Then, pour the milk mixture over the whole top, making sure everything gets well covered. Slightly jiggle the pan to make sure that the milk falls down to the bottom of the pan. Take the last of the blueberries and scatter onto the top of the dish. Sprinkle the coarse sugar onto the top of the dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
If using frozen blueberries, thaw the blueberries before using to reduce the excess moisture content in the dish.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy Blueberry Baked Oatmeal