Sweet and tangy lemon buttercream frosting that is so flavorful!
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 4–1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2–1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Beat the butter until creamy, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add confectioners sugar, lemon juice, heavy cream, and zest.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt if desired to cut down on the sweetness.
- If too thin, add up to 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar. If frosting is too thick, add up to 1/2 teaspoon of buttermilk to thin it out.
Stores for 1 week in the refrigerator. This makes enough frosting to cover a dozen cupcakes or a 9×13 cake.
Recipe slightly adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Keywords: lemon buttercream frosting