This lemon buttercream frosting has so much flavor!! It is so tasty that I piped a bunch of frosting from the bottom of the bag into my mouth! We all do that, right??!
This tangy lemon buttercream is so sweet and creamy! I have only used it on these raspberry filled cupcakes, but I think that this recipe will go great on a lot of other desserts. I am definitely keeping this recipe close-by for future uses!
Alright, you ready to get started?! Let’s get baking!
How to make lemon buttercream frosting
First, you will want to beat the butter until creamy, approximately 2 minutes.
Add confectioners sugar, lemon juice, heavy cream, and zest.
Then, beat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Add salt if desired to cut down the sweetness.
Finally, If the frosting too thin, add up to 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar. If frosting is too thick, add up to 1/2 teaspoon of buttermilk to thin it out.
Sweet and tangy lemon buttercream frosting that is so flavorful!
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 4–1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2–1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Beat the butter until creamy, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add confectioners sugar, lemon juice, heavy cream, and zest.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt if desired to cut down on the sweetness.
- If too thin, add up to 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar. If frosting is too thick, add up to 1/2 teaspoon of buttermilk to thin it out.
Stores for 1 week in the refrigerator. This makes enough frosting to cover a dozen cupcakes or a 9×13 cake.
Recipe slightly adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Keywords: lemon buttercream frosting
I hope you enjoy this Lemon Buttercream Frosting. Let me know what you used it on! Connect with me on Facebook or Instagram and show me photos. I would love to see what you are working on! Be sure to use the hashtag #whiskingupyum!