Are you a peanut butter fanatic like I am? I could eat peanut butter allll day. So, it’s only natural that I would make peanut butter cookies as one of my first posts on Whisking Up Yum. But, who wants Plain-Jane peanut butter cookies when you can take it to the next level?! Introducing…. peanut butter and jelly cookies!
We eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches quite often in the Crea house. It is a weekend lunch staple and my three-year-old daughter requests it by saying “peanut butter jelly time” because we tend to break out in song at some point during lunch… Peanuuutt, Peanut butter (and jelly!)
These peanut butter cookies are paired with homemade raspberry jelly. It is surprisingly easy to make the jelly. I chose to use raspberries, though it could be made with any fruit that you find in the frozen section of your grocery store. I left the seeds in my raspberry jelly because I like the textured appearance. However, you could use a strainer and remove them if you’d prefer.
I have tried making these cookies by adding the jelly before baking and after baking. I found that baking the jelly on the cookie looked neater after it was done baking because you can reshape any cracks that were formed during the assembly process.
Alright, you ready to get started?! Let’s get baking!
How to make Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
You will want to make the jelly first so that it will have time to set while you prepare the cookie dough. You can find the Raspberry Jelly Recipe here.
To make the peanut butter cookie dough you will first cream together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter.
Then, you will add the egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to wet mixture. Beat until well blended.
If the dough is sticky place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Place 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Form the dough into round balls, approximately 1-1/4″ diameter. Roll dough balls in sugar to coat the balls.
Place onto cookie sheet approximately 2″ apart. Using your hand, slightly flatten the cookie to form a thick circle, approximately 2″ wide.
Then, gently take a spoon and press an indent on the top of the cookie.
If needed, reshape the cookies and close any cracks that formed when pressing into it. Carefully, fill the indent with the jelly mixture that you prepared earlier.
Bake 8-10 minutes, or until very lightly golden brown and puffy.Print
Go back to your childhood with these delicious peanut butter cookies with homemade raspberry jelly on top.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (more for rolling)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (for rolling )
- Prepare Jelly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to wet mixture. Beat until well blended.
- If the dough is too soft to work with, refrigerate for about half an hour. Roll dough into 1-1/4″ balls. Roll balls in sugar.
- Place dough balls on a baking sheet at least 2″ apart from each other. Gently press into tops of cookies with a spoon. Reshape cookie if cracks form. Scoop small portions of jelly mixture onto the cookie.
- Bake until lightly brown and fluffy, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
More recipes with this Raspberry Jelly:
I hope you enjoy these peanut butter and jelly cookies as much as I do! If you liked the raspberry jelly, you will want to check out this raspberry lemon cupcake recipe that also uses the raspberry jelly filling.
What should we make next? Do you have any savory or sweet ideas? Comment below, I would love to hear about what you are interested in making!