Go back to your childhood with these delicious peanut butter cookies with homemade raspberry jelly on top.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (more for rolling)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (for rolling )
- Prepare Jelly.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to wet mixture. Beat until well blended.
- If the dough is too soft to work with, refrigerate for about half an hour. Roll dough into 1-1/4″ balls. Roll balls in sugar.
- Place dough balls on a baking sheet at least 2″ apart from each other. Gently press into tops of cookies with a spoon. Reshape cookie if cracks form. Scoop small portions of jelly mixture onto the cookie.
- Bake until lightly brown and fluffy, approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven.