Homemade churros are easy and tasty, but what if we STUFFED NUTELLA INSIDE of it? *Mind Blown* Seriously, it’s so good, you’ll want to try this recipe!
- 6 tablespoon (85 g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (118 ml) whole milk
- ½ cup (118 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (12.5 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup (340 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g) + 1 tbsp (8 g) cinnamon
- ½ cup (148 g) Nutella, melted
- Add butter, milk, water, sugar and vanilla to a pot and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Once everything has melted, reduce the heat to low and add in the all-purpose flour. Continue to mix well until dough ball forms.
- Take the pan off of the heat and add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition.
- Place the dough into a piping bag with a 1M or large star tip. Place the bag in the fridge for 10- 15 minutes to stiffen the dough a bit.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Next, you will need to heat the oil to 350°F/177°C.
- Squeeze the dough into the hot oil. Fry the pastry dough for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and fully cooked all the way through.
- Remove churro pieces from the oil and allow the oil to drain.
- Toss pieces into the cinnamon-sugar mixture to fully coat the churros.
- Next, you’ll need to heat the Nutella in a piping bag for 10-15 seconds.
- Take a skewer and poke into both ends to create a hole in both ends of the churro.
- Squeeze the warm Nutella into the churros.
- Nutella stuffed churros are best when served warm
The dough can be made ahead and placed in the fridge for up to 3 hours
Churros are best when fresh so batch fry if possible
For perfectly sized churros, pre-pipe the dough onto parchment or wax paper (after the dough has stiffened in the fridge-or it won’t come off the paper).
Test one churro in the grease to make sure that your frying times are accurate. If the oil is too hot, it will brown the outside, leaving a raw middle, so check this before committing to frying off the entire batch.
- Method: Stove top
Keywords: Nutella Stuffed Churros, Homemade churros