Sweet, and gooey caramelized cinnamon and sugar pull-apart monkey bread is a perfect weekend morning treat. It is so quick and easy to throw together. You can throw it all together in less than ten minutes, and pull it out of the oven forty minutes later!
- 2 – 16 ounce cans of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1–1/2 cup sugar (279g)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (162g)
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon (16 g)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Use cooking spray or butter to grease your pan. Be sure to get every nook and cranny of your pan. Especially, if you are using a bundt pan because there are a lot of opportunities for your pull-apart monkey bread to get stuck!
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, melt your butter in the microwave in 30-second increments until it is completely melted.
- In a second medium-sized bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Use a whisk to break down any clumps and combine the sugars and cinnamon.
- Open up your buttermilk biscuit cans and cut each of the biscuits into four wedges. I used a sharp knife and was able to cut through the whole stack of biscuits very easily so it was very quick to cut them.
- Take each piece of dough and dip into the butter and then dip into the cinnamon-sugar mixture, rotating the dough until every side is covered in the cinnamon mixture.
- Loosely place into the baking dish, making sure not to pack down any of the dough, or it won’t rise! After all of your dough pieces are thoroughly coated pour remaining butter over the top of the pan.
- Place into oven and bake for forty minutes, or until the top springs back. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Carefully invert your pull-apart monkey bread onto your serving platter, and serve immediately.