These Peanut Butter Blossom cookies are so soft and chewy! The creamy peanut butter cookie is covered with a sugar coating and topped with a Hershey’s kiss. These cookies are so quick to throw together and are fabulous to eat while warm when the chocolate is still gooey!
- 1/2 cup sugar (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (109 grams)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1–3/4 cups all-purpose flour (217 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar (to roll cookie dough balls in)
- Hershey kisses
- Use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or whisk to cream together the sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and give it a quick stir to combine the egg and vanilla extract.
- Next, you will add the flour and baking soda and mix on medium speed until the flour is thoroughly incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to catch any excess flour on the bowl and give it one last stir.
- Cover the cookie dough with saran wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the last 1/4 cup of sugar into a small bowl. Form the cookie dough into 1-1/2 inch balls. Roll the balls in the sugar bowl making sure all surfaces are covered by sugar.
- Line cookie pans with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet. Place sugared dough balls onto pans approximately three inches apart. Do not flatten balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until tops are slightly browned. While the cookies are baking, unwrap the chocolate kisses.
- Immediately after taking out the cookies from the oven, place a chocolate kiss onto the center of each cookie. Let cool for a few minutes before placing cookies onto baking rack to cool.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: oven
Keywords: Peanut butter blossom cookies, peanut butter cookies