This Simple Pecan Pie Recipe is ridiculously easy to make, and delicious! It is sweet with a caramelized flavor, but isn’t overly sweet. I love that this is such a quick recipe to throw together in a flash because all you have to do is stir together a handful of ingredients and pour it into the crust and toss on the pecans. It is great for any holiday get together!
- 1 9″ unbaked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 heaping cup pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350° F, and line your pie pan with your crust.
- You can use either a store-bought crust, or you can use my butter-flavored flakey pie crust recipe. Homemade pie crust is so much flakier than store-bought, so I will always suggest making your own because it will always make your pies taste even more delicious!
- In a large bowl, lightly beat 3 eggs. Then, add in the corn syrup, dark brown sugar, melted butter, salt and vanilla extract. Mix well until combined, and pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Gently place the pecans on top of the filling in your desired arrangement, or just scatter it on top.
- Bake it for 45-50 minutes, or until center is set. A toothpick will come out clean. If the edges are set and the middle is slightly jiggly (like jello) then the pie is done. The top will still be bubbling as the pie needs to firm up.
- Allow the pecan pie to cool for at least two hours before cutting into. Serve with homemade whipped cream or ice cream.
Pecan pie needs to be refrigerated and is good for up to 4 days when covered in the refrigerator.
To bake ahead, you can freeze a baked pecan pie for up to 3 months. Make sure you wrap the pie well or store it in an air-tight container.
- Category: pie
- Method: bake
Keywords: pecan pie